A suggested process:
1. Form a group or community in your local place or parish (if you do not already have one).
2. Set up a regular meeting schedule between now and April 2022.
3. If your group is larger than 10-12 persons, you might want to break into subgroups.
4. Provide members with a link to the Root and Branch Synod and the Bristol Text.
5. Invite your members to watch any of the videos that interest them.
6. Make a strong recommendation to watch Mary McAleese’s keynote address.
7. Gather your group together either in person or online via Zoom and begin with a prayer. allowing time for silent reflection.
8. Welcome anyone who wishes to share his/her own personal real-life experience of life in the Church; listen to everyone with equal attentiveness.
9. Welcome members to share their views of these experiences and, if not dealt with as Jesus would have done, offer solutions to how the situation could have been handled better.
10. Arrange for someone to summarize the sharing and solutions. Check out whether the summary is an accurate reflection of what has been said.
11. At the end of your series of gatherings, write your own comments, concerns, experiences and solutions, to contribute to the Synodal Way. You may want to use the Bristol Text as a model.
12. Send your responses, comments, views, or even your endorsement of the Bristol Text to: